What is the value of liberty to you? Is it worth the price of a government check?

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Romney Pre-Voting: "My one and only wife"

From a foxnews.com article on Mitt's late campaign activities. I rather enjoyed these:

"While not mentioning them by name, Romney also discussed his opponents. At the last event of his day — a rally at his Manchester headquarters with staff, volunteers, and supporters who chanted “Mitt! Mitt! Mitt!” — the former Massachusetts governor’s New Hampshire chairman Bruce Keogh introduced him by saying, “Let’s roll back the clock about 24 hours now, and I don’t know what you were doing, but I know what I was doing. And I know what Mitt was doing.” Romney then leaned into the microphone and referenced Sunday night’s FOX News Republican Presidential Forum: “Waiting for Huckabee to answer (my) question.”

[At another event] he again pressed that someone inside Washington can not fix Washington, a claim he made during the forum. “People who have been there all their careers don’t begin to have the freedom of movement and the capacity to change Washington. They’ve got lobbyists at every elbow, the deals have been worked out in the Senate cloakrooms are just so overwhelming – the scores that have to be settled, all of the favors that have to honored. You just can’t get the job done in Washington with people that have been in Washington all their lives. So people are saying you know what? We need change.”

Even though he hates to forecast, Romney predicted victory saying, “I’m convinced we’re going to win tomorrow.” He said the debates over the last two days had given him an upward push. “I think a few days ago we were probably a couple of points behind, we were probably a few points behind. The polls have shown we are on a break-even contest. It could go either way and then we had the debates last night and the night before that gave me a nice boost.”

In one moment that elicited laughter, Romney made a tongue-in-cheek joke about his Mormon heritage. “The whole family is not here but it is pretty well represented. These are two of the 11 grandkids, two of the five sons and my one and only wife.”

No comments: