What is the value of liberty to you? Is it worth the price of a government check?

Friday, November 14, 2008

Support for Mormon Efforts Supporting Prop 8 from Fellow Christians

I haven't chronicled it here as I should have, but the opponents of Prop 8 (at least many of them) have been showing their true colors since the passage of the amendment in heaping abuse upon Mormons collectively and individually for efforts supporting the passage of 8.  Supposedly, tolerance and equality were the principled basis for opposition to 8.  Well.  Apparently it only applies in one direction.  

My inclination is to take it; certainly I'm not apologetic for taking what I consider a principled stand that benefits our society.  Of course, it's easy for me to talk since I haven't had to put up personally with the kinds of things some of my California friends have.  

In any case, this is a worthwhile and short read: follow the link here.  These and other supportive comments are much appreciated.  

No comments: